Tuesday, November 10

tasty tuesday...

i love autumn! for many reasons! soup is one of those reasons! there's nothing better than soup on a brisk autumn day to warm you up all over! i love to make soup and i love to eat it. this potato soup is one of my favorites! it's sooo easy to make!

potato soup

8-10 potatoes
1 t salt
boil the potatoes and salt together for 45 minutes.
hand mash the potatoes and then add:
1/2 c butter
1 c sour cream
1 t salt
pepper
stir and add:
2 c milk
simmer until reheated.
garnish with bacon pieces and shredded cheddar cheese.
here are my secrets! i use yukon gold potatoes from our garden which i think makes the soup extra tasty! i fry my bacon with some brown sugar and maple syrup. i add the brown sugar and maple syrup when the bacon is almost done. it gets sticky but the flavor is incredible! i hope you like it!
this is the little owl my friend amy gave me. she knows i like owls so when she found this owl at a thrift shop she had to buy it for me! she also wrote a poem about owls that she gave me with the owl. i named him owen. owen the owl! isn't he cute? i think so! happy day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment