Wednesday, April 21

earth day...

it's earth day!
~~~
regard heaven as your father,
earth as your mother,
and all things
as your brothers and sisters.
~~~
native american proverb
~~~
i love the earth!
and i want to take care of her
in any way that i can.
~~~
i watched oprah's earth day show
last year.
it opened my eyes
and shocked me into action!
it changed my life.
~~~
i've come to know
that i can only
make the earth
a better place to live
by doing my part.
~~~
in this past year,
i've been working
on doing my part...
~~~
i have learned to live
with much less paper,
much less plastic,
and am recycling more.
i reuse and repurpose items.
i pick up litter.
i use less water.
~~~
mostly
i am just more mindful of
taking care of the earth.
~~~
it feels soo good
to be taking better care of the earth,
to be living greener.
i have come a long way
and i have a long way to go!
~~~
join me!
~~~
it is our collective and individual responsibility
to protect and nurture
the global family,
to support its weaker members,
and preserve and tend
to the environment
in which we all live.
~~~
dalai lama
~~~~~
~~~
~
wishing you a reduce, reuse, recycling earth day!
peggy


No comments:

Post a Comment