Wednesday, February 3

spring dreams...

i'm having dreams of spring!
~~~
yesterday i mentioned that we have
many winter days ahead of us.
~~~
today... i'm dreaming of spring!
a girl can dream, can't she?
~~~
even when i see my secret garden and bench buried in snow...
i know that when spring comes
there will be
bloodroot, lily of the valley, hosta, violets, columbine,
forget-me-nots, coral bells, grape hyacinth,
and more blooming here!
~~~
and here...
one of my most favorite and fragrant pale pink roses
will bloom.
~~~
and later...
the autumn joy sedum
whose dried heads are barely able to peek
thru the deep snow
will grow and bloom here,
along with a growing number of perennials.
~~~
these help me dream my spring dreams!
~~~
these
are my favorite garden seed catalogs.
~~~
i dream big garden dreams
as i peruse these catalogs.
and then finally,
and carefully, i choose the seeds
and then i
plan and plot
for colorful spring, summer, and autumn
flower shows
thruout the yard.
~~~
oh, to dream...
~~~
and as excited as i am
to plan, plot, and plant flowers,
i am even more excited...
for my bee block!
~~~
i love bees!
~~~
i want to make sure
they know they are most welcome
to come into my gardens,
to pollinate to their hearts' content,
and then to live safely nearby...
in their bee block.
~~~
gotta love a dreamer...
~~~~~
~~~
~
make it a dreamy day!
peggy



No comments:

Post a Comment